Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quick Update: Manchester Center, VT

Just a quick update while I have wireless. I left Bennington, VT in the misting rain. Hitching hiking was a challenge because who wants to pick up a wet hiker?! The rain finally stopped in late morning and it turned into a pleasant day. Vermont is strangely familiar to the Smokies, especially in the upper elevations. Last night it rained only enough to make everything wet again. I packed up my wet tent this morning and made it to Manchester Center, VT. On the way, I crossed over Stratton Mountain which gave excellent 360 views of the mountain ranges and ski resorts. I'm completely out of food, so I'm taking a few hours in town to resupply and eat a meal. I hiked 21 miles today and will hike 2 more to the next shelter. I have to do 20+ in order to make it to meet my dad by next week, so I hope I make it! I'm on the final stretch of the trip, and I'm excited for the terrain coming up.

Over and out.

2 comments: