Thursday, September 1, 2011

Almost to Maine!

Here is a quick update from Gorham, NH. I left my dad yesterday morning, and I was sad to see him go. We crunched our 3 remaining days of hiking into 2, so we were completely exhausted. The Whites has brutal trails with no switchbacks whatsoever.

I am now hiking alone, but I feel the surge of energy for this last push until the end. I am about 15 miles from the Maine border and am really looking forward to it. Though New Hampshire has been the prettiest state, it has been the most unfriendly (except the town of Hanover). There are nice people here, but there are equally rude and unwelcoming people. The AMC (club that operates the Whites) was especially cold to us...

I have just two weeks left which I still can't believe...my time on this computer is about to expire, so I must go. I fill you in on the details next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment